You Never Let Go

These past few months have gone by so quickly. Rachel and I will be leaving in 5 weeks. 5 weeks. Wow. And let me tell you, these next few weeks will go by even quicker then the last few months. I'm so excited though. Each day I feel like Jesus reveals something new about what is coming. I believe God will use these upcoming four months to truly change us, and I really believe it will be beautiful. Hard, but beautiful. This trip is just another way for Jesus to refine our faith and make us more like Him.

So people keep asking me, "How are plans for Costa Rica coming?". Well, here is your answer everyone! They are going really well. Rachel and I bought our plane tickets several weeks ago and it was our first big step (besides actually committing to going!).


Here are Rachel and I after we bought our tickets. We had to document it, of course.


And our dads had to be there... haha. We were a little afraid we would mess something up or get the wrong ticket. Yeah, we are going to another country together, if you were wondering. Oh, and Mr. Sims has it all on video :)

Other than plane tickets, we've been doing little things to get ready and prepare our hearts. I think the next five weeks will be filled with getting little things together, packing, saying goodbye, lots of prayer, and running around like mad because we forgot to do something important :) No, probably not that last item, but I think we will be pretty busy. Rachel has finals coming up and then a wedding so that will definitely keep her busy. This is my last week of work, so I'll have more time then she does in the next few weeks. It will be nice to spend quality time with friends and family before I leave.

All the pieces are coming together nicely. Rachel and I have been wondering what our living situation will be like once we get to Costa Rica... we know for sure that we are staying with a Costa Rican (Ticos as they call themselves) family, but other than that we don't really know much. Well, this week we found out we will have two beds and hot water! Also, the family we are staying with loves Jesus! What a blessing. I am so excited to be a part of this family for four months. Think of all the things Rachel and I will learn in terms of culture. Seriously. It's going to be awesome. Also, there will be a team coming to The Abraham Project a week after we get there, so we really will be jumping right in when we get there! I'll keep you updated on anything else we find out. It's all so exciting! And maybe a little scary? Yes, I think so :)

To change gears a little... Isn't it funny, well, maybe not funny but more sobering I'd say, how God uses people or situations in our lives to reveal different aspects of His character to us? We should already be focusing on those character qualities, but we are so aware of our own lives that we don't always see Him. Well, anyway, the past few weeks and months I've been thinking a lot about how faithful God has been in my life. No matter what I do or what happens in my life, He is always there and always faithful to LOVE and FORGIVE me. I'm not worthy, but the crazy, amazing thing is that He'll always be there for me. I wish I could fully grasped the magnitude of that... He keeps showing me His love in different ways and I'm just so thankful for everything He is. Whew.

I want to leave you all with lyrics to Always Forever by Phil Wickham. Meditate and praise God for His faithfulness.

Always Forever

You are the hand that catches my fall
You are the friend that answers my call
You are my day, You are my night
You are my love and all of my life

You are the love I need
You are the air I breathe
You are my love my life always forever
I would lay down my life
Just to be by Your side
You are my love my life always forever

You are the grace that covers my sin
You’re everything the beginning and end
You have my soul, my heart and my mind
You have my love and all of my life

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, forever

Comments

  1. 1. Love the computers
    2. I'm going to be the best blog follower ever! You might get sick of me.
    3. I'm excited for you! Let me know if I can do anything to help y'all get ready.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I'm definitely ok with you being my best blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... sounds like a competition. You blog made it onto my toolbar bookmarks, and let me tell you, it's very difficult to make it on there. No one else's blog is on there... =P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts