It’s their brown eyes.
Psalm 34:8
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Amen.
While I was skyping with my mom Friday, several of the kids from the homes came up, saw my mom, and LOVED seeing my her through the computer ☺ In a way she got to meet them, and I was able to tell her their stories while she saw their faces. It was special for me to share that with her. I’m so thankful for the technology that allows me to see my family over all the miles that separate us and in turn for me to share my life here with them. It has been a huge blessing for me.
I don’t know what I expected, but I’ve already fallen in love with the children here. If I had the money, I already know who I would adopt. Sometimes I sit back, watch the children interact and tear up because I know that I will have to say goodbye to them in three months. Three months. And because I know their stories. And I know how much pain they’ve been in and where they’ve come from. It spurs me to pray that they come to the true saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and the LOVE He has for them. Then we will spend eternity together. And it will be beautiful because He is beautiful beyond anything we could ever imagine.
I’m in love with their brown eyes. I can’t help it. They’re absolutely beautiful.
We fixed lunch for one of the houses yesterday and one of the little boys prayed for the meal. During the pray, he prayed for Rachel and I. It was beautiful. They love us. When we get to the project they run over to us and can’t wait for us to give them a horseback ride or hold them for hours. If we are passing them to do something else at the project, they always yell our names just to make sure we see them, just to say hi.
Like I said, they’re absolutely beautiful. And full of life.
One little girl always has to give me a kiss before I leave. She runs after me and says, “Un besito! Un besito!!!” until I let her give me a little kiss on my cheek ☺ She is beautiful. Her older brother had a really hard time when he first came to the project. He is one of the children I sometimes watch and wonder what is going on inside his little hurt heart. I would adopt them in a heartbeat if I could.
Lord, bring the perfect family for these special children.
Everyday I have to give them to the Creator of the universe. He knows their past, present and future. He knows.
The other day while we were playing with the children at the homes, I noticed that several of the children weren’t there. I went looking for them and found them with Brauny, one of the house parents, and he was sitting on the grass with them reading Psalm 23. I snuck into the circle and watched all the children as they listened and repeated the words from the Psalm.
Salmos 23:1
Jehová es mi pastor; nada me faltará.
It was one of those moments I wanted to put into a bottle and keep forever. After a while, he told everyone to lie down and look at the sky while he prayed. I laid down in lush grass, looked up at a huge blue sky, felt the cool breeze on my face and listened to these beautiful children repeat after Brauny (which is how they pray with the children) and was overwhelmed with the love of God. I was lying next to Roberto, one of the sweet boys who lives in one of the homes, and I looked at him and teared up. He was staring up at the sky and had an earnest look on his face while he was repeating what Brauny said. At that moment, I knew with my entire being that God loves me with an unending, undeniable love that will never end. It was a beautiful moment.
Taste and see that the Lord is good is all I've been doing the past four weeks. I can testify with my life that He is good. Always.
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Amen.
While I was skyping with my mom Friday, several of the kids from the homes came up, saw my mom, and LOVED seeing my her through the computer ☺ In a way she got to meet them, and I was able to tell her their stories while she saw their faces. It was special for me to share that with her. I’m so thankful for the technology that allows me to see my family over all the miles that separate us and in turn for me to share my life here with them. It has been a huge blessing for me.
I don’t know what I expected, but I’ve already fallen in love with the children here. If I had the money, I already know who I would adopt. Sometimes I sit back, watch the children interact and tear up because I know that I will have to say goodbye to them in three months. Three months. And because I know their stories. And I know how much pain they’ve been in and where they’ve come from. It spurs me to pray that they come to the true saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and the LOVE He has for them. Then we will spend eternity together. And it will be beautiful because He is beautiful beyond anything we could ever imagine.
I’m in love with their brown eyes. I can’t help it. They’re absolutely beautiful.
We fixed lunch for one of the houses yesterday and one of the little boys prayed for the meal. During the pray, he prayed for Rachel and I. It was beautiful. They love us. When we get to the project they run over to us and can’t wait for us to give them a horseback ride or hold them for hours. If we are passing them to do something else at the project, they always yell our names just to make sure we see them, just to say hi.
Like I said, they’re absolutely beautiful. And full of life.
One little girl always has to give me a kiss before I leave. She runs after me and says, “Un besito! Un besito!!!” until I let her give me a little kiss on my cheek ☺ She is beautiful. Her older brother had a really hard time when he first came to the project. He is one of the children I sometimes watch and wonder what is going on inside his little hurt heart. I would adopt them in a heartbeat if I could.
Lord, bring the perfect family for these special children.
Everyday I have to give them to the Creator of the universe. He knows their past, present and future. He knows.
The other day while we were playing with the children at the homes, I noticed that several of the children weren’t there. I went looking for them and found them with Brauny, one of the house parents, and he was sitting on the grass with them reading Psalm 23. I snuck into the circle and watched all the children as they listened and repeated the words from the Psalm.
Salmos 23:1
Jehová es mi pastor; nada me faltará.
It was one of those moments I wanted to put into a bottle and keep forever. After a while, he told everyone to lie down and look at the sky while he prayed. I laid down in lush grass, looked up at a huge blue sky, felt the cool breeze on my face and listened to these beautiful children repeat after Brauny (which is how they pray with the children) and was overwhelmed with the love of God. I was lying next to Roberto, one of the sweet boys who lives in one of the homes, and I looked at him and teared up. He was staring up at the sky and had an earnest look on his face while he was repeating what Brauny said. At that moment, I knew with my entire being that God loves me with an unending, undeniable love that will never end. It was a beautiful moment.
Taste and see that the Lord is good is all I've been doing the past four weeks. I can testify with my life that He is good. Always.
How neat to be able to share that with your mom. I hope your Spanish is continuing to improve. You are now smiling at me from my fridge as the magnet arrived yesterday. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteAh, yay! I'm glad you got it :) How's life? You need to e-mail me and update me on your life, girl. I love you so much, and I miss you!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God!!! How amazing to experience it all. you're making me fall in love with them from here. :) God is sooo good!
ReplyDeleteThis was beautiful! you made me tear up.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Great writing and story-telling. You captured my heart, dear one! We do need to pray even more that the Lord would bring real life to your young ones and that Jesus would become their Savior and Lord. Remember, you are "playing for an audience of One". Pray also for wisdom and "the gift of languages" (i.e., Spanish)! Love you. Dad
ReplyDeleteSomehow I forgot the fact that you have e-mail despite the lack of snail mail. This should have been blatantly obviously given the fact that you have a blog. Anyway, life is good, and I'll e-mail you in a few days when I can get a bit of time to write down my thoughts. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You (nor the children) will ever be the same.....praying that the Lord uses this experience/time in a mighty way!
ReplyDeleteKathy R.
Those moments of knowing absolutely that God loves you are life changing. If only we could learn to live there everyday, every moment. I think we're getting better at it though, right? :)
ReplyDeleteLove you Abby!
Katie