You just never know.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I thought to myself, “No, it can’t be, your eyes are playing tricks on you, try to follow the conversation…” Seconds later a ratón (otherwise known as a mouse!) ran from under the cupboard and I handled the situation like a pro, right? Yeah… no, I actually screamed in English, “there’s a MOUSE!” which definitely helped the situation since I live with Spanish speaking people, and then I ran out of the room... and up the stairs. As far as I know, he’s still chillin’ under the refrigerator. (This was the scene in the kitchen last night)

…and while we were playing with the kids yesterday, Steve (the missionary in charge of the children’s homes) leaned out his window and told us to be careful where we sat. I was stupid enough to ask why… one of the little boys found a Tarantula under the pila or on the pila behind one of the children’s homes. (I say pila, means sink, but sometimes when I talk to people they speak Spanglish to me, and I don’t know if words have different meanings then I think they do… for example, I’ve been learning words here that aren’t in my dictionary and that really throws me off… so I kinda just go with the flow and hope I get what it means) Also, Herardo said there was a hole so there might be babies. Again, I wish I had not asked.

Rachel, Shaina and I are going on our first hike in Costa Rica this Saturday! There’s a man in the church who owns a reserve or something and is letting us go there to see his land and get a good hike in (don’t worry Mom and Dad, this isn’t some person we don’t know!). Apparently, if you go hiking on someone’s land here… they can shoot you. So you don’t want to go hiking on someone’s land you don’t know, got it? He said you can get some great photos of the land because you hike up a hill or something, so I’ll try to post some pictures next time.

I got some shots of the kids yesterday. I’m putting them up on facebook as we speak for those of you who are on facebook.

Welp, I think that’s it. Go to Rachel's blog for more pictures and info on what we've been doing. And a fun video :)

I leave you with this:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-20

Comments

  1. Mice can make nice pets, ya know... okay, maybe not there. If you find the tarantula, take a picture, cause I'd love to see it. I wish I could've seen your reaction as I'm sure it would've included one of your wonderful faces. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Abby--I was literally laughing out loud. You are such a delight wherever you go!!! Thank you for sharing.=) I guess I missed your last post. Wow---that is all I have to say.

    I love you. Praying fervently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your last two posts and I am so happy to read how God is working in your life, growing you in your trust and understanding of His great love for us and for the children he has brought into your life. Thanks for so beautifully sharing your life there.
    As for the rodents and spiders...YIKES, please be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the new look! :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) It's a little bright, but I needed a change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts