It's almost Panama time!

Rachel, Shaina and I are going to Panama on Thursday! We are leaving in the afternoon and we are leaving Panama, by bus of course, Monday around 11:00 p.m. Yay for the 14 hour bus ride ☺ We’re so excited for this trip though. It’s going to be a great time of fellowship, relaxing, and some great sights!

It’s raining right now and the raindrops here are HUGE. I’ve never witnessed such huge raindrops in my entire life and I’ve seen a lot of rain. Let me say it again, just for emphasis, the raindrops here are HUGE!

So, I have a funny story… Rachel and I had company in our room this past week, well, we don’t really know for how long he (aka the mouse) has been there. To back up, we were going through our stuff the other day to get ready for Panama, and I went to my draw that had my granola bars and my kit with all my extra little kit stuff and found a little surprise there. Well, I decided to make it more orderly and I was going through the stuff… and I found a lone peanut. A loneeee peanut. There are peanuts in my granola bars but my granola bars are sealed. Sealed. As I continued to look, I found that there were two granola bars that had been chewed into. Ew. “Don’t freak out, don’t freak out” were my exact words. Rachel went to get Rebecca and from there was bunch of activity from cleaning things to putting a mouse right by my bed by my head. Wooo.

Well, Rachel and I decided to watch a movie that night to relax and take a break from everything. So we settled in on my bed, turned out the lights and were ready for a relaxing evening… We were about halfway through the movie when BAM! I heard the box move right below me, and I was ON MY FEET ON MY BED IN A SECOND. The lights were off and I was about to have a cow… so Rachel, being the brave one, jumps to her bed, grabs her flashlight and tentatively tries to see if the mouse is actually in the little trap (which was like a little sticky triangular box thingy that didn’t kill the mouse). We keep hearing the box move and we finally decided that yes, the mouse is indeed in the box. I RUNNNN downstairs and say “mouse in BOX, MOUSE. IN. BOX!!” and my Tico brother Richard, who speaks English, says, “No way.” And I was like, “Um. Yeah.” So everyone runs upstairs and they rescue us from the mouse! It was actually pretty funny because Dona Nuria gets a broom and gets on the floor to try to get at the mouse, I’m in the hallway with Rebecca and little Rachel (Richard’s daughter), who is in my arms, while Rachel’s standing on her bed. Really, we just want the little mouse, who is now squeaking to be OUT OF OUR room! It was quite an adventure ☺ It was a memory I won’t soon forget.

Well, that’s about all for now.

Please pray for our Panama trip. Pray that we would have safe travels, we wouldn’t have anything stolen from us, we wouldn’t get sick, we would find our hotel easily, etc. And that we would have a blast! Thanks ☺

Comments

  1. haha I laughed out loud. :) I can visualize this whole event, so I think that made it all the better! love you so much and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaynor, our new RUF campus minister, just killed a mouse with a pellet gun. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts