The business of life.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. Psalm 63:3
I love that. Absolutely love that. I can fully give my life, my entire life, to God because His love for me is better than life. I will praise Him all the days of my life because of His wonderful love. His grand, magnificent, powerful love. Wow. That just makes me so happy and joyful and all these emotions all at once! It's a wonderful feeling to have Jesus in my life, and I will spend the rest of my days basking in His love and praising Him forever.
Well, we've been really busy lately. Today our third group of the month comes and we've had maybe a day between them to rest. It's been great though because we've been getting to know people from all over and doing lots of work for the project. Our first team that came was from the University of Georgia and we had a great time with them. They worked for two days at the project, went to a feeding ministry on Wednesday, and then to the volcano Arenal for the night on Thursday. It was great to be able to work with them and then go to the volcano and have to some fun together. We said goodbye and we prepared to meet our next team.
Before I go on, I want to say that there is just so much I want to say to you guys... but I just really don't have enough time or space to put it all up. I'm going to have to spill my guts when I get home about all the different experiences I had here.
For example, I just can't really express my thoughts about the feeding ministry. I've tried to come up with some coherent thoughts about how touching of an experience it was, but I just don't think I can right now. Just know that God is good and is working in incredible ways through that ministry. I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get home! And if you don't live in LR than maybe I can tell you over skype or something!
So our next team came a day after the other team left! They were all high school girls and were from a private, Christian school in Atlanta, Georgia. At first, I wasn't really sure what to expect with a team of high school girls, but I was absolutely blow away by these girls. They were some of the hardest working, fun girls I've been around! I never heard them complain during the hot days and hard work, and they got along great. I got to know a couple of the girls, Rebecca and Callie, and they really blessed me with their friendship. With those girls, we worked construction and worked in the daycare Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and part of Friday and went to do the feeding ministry on Wednesday. It was a great week and I was genuinely sad to see them leave. I really wish I could have gotten to know all the girls better and developed deeper relationships with them. Right now I'm really thankful for facebook ☺
We had a great restful night last night and are all geared up for the next team! This week is our last team of the month and then the last team we will be here for is coming April 4. Whew.
Well, I’ll try to update more then I have recently ☺ I haven’t been the best lately. Sorry!
I love that. Absolutely love that. I can fully give my life, my entire life, to God because His love for me is better than life. I will praise Him all the days of my life because of His wonderful love. His grand, magnificent, powerful love. Wow. That just makes me so happy and joyful and all these emotions all at once! It's a wonderful feeling to have Jesus in my life, and I will spend the rest of my days basking in His love and praising Him forever.
Well, we've been really busy lately. Today our third group of the month comes and we've had maybe a day between them to rest. It's been great though because we've been getting to know people from all over and doing lots of work for the project. Our first team that came was from the University of Georgia and we had a great time with them. They worked for two days at the project, went to a feeding ministry on Wednesday, and then to the volcano Arenal for the night on Thursday. It was great to be able to work with them and then go to the volcano and have to some fun together. We said goodbye and we prepared to meet our next team.
Before I go on, I want to say that there is just so much I want to say to you guys... but I just really don't have enough time or space to put it all up. I'm going to have to spill my guts when I get home about all the different experiences I had here.
For example, I just can't really express my thoughts about the feeding ministry. I've tried to come up with some coherent thoughts about how touching of an experience it was, but I just don't think I can right now. Just know that God is good and is working in incredible ways through that ministry. I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get home! And if you don't live in LR than maybe I can tell you over skype or something!
So our next team came a day after the other team left! They were all high school girls and were from a private, Christian school in Atlanta, Georgia. At first, I wasn't really sure what to expect with a team of high school girls, but I was absolutely blow away by these girls. They were some of the hardest working, fun girls I've been around! I never heard them complain during the hot days and hard work, and they got along great. I got to know a couple of the girls, Rebecca and Callie, and they really blessed me with their friendship. With those girls, we worked construction and worked in the daycare Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and part of Friday and went to do the feeding ministry on Wednesday. It was a great week and I was genuinely sad to see them leave. I really wish I could have gotten to know all the girls better and developed deeper relationships with them. Right now I'm really thankful for facebook ☺
We had a great restful night last night and are all geared up for the next team! This week is our last team of the month and then the last team we will be here for is coming April 4. Whew.
Well, I’ll try to update more then I have recently ☺ I haven’t been the best lately. Sorry!
When you get back, I think you should come to Waco for a trip and spill your guts to me and Hannah. Or we should all meet in the DFW area or something. I got your letter yesterday. eeeek. I was so excited, to say the least. I'm still praying for your Spanish and all the work you're doing.
ReplyDeleteabby! it seems like freaking awesome things are happening there. i miss it so much! hope youre good and will keep praying for you <3 :))
ReplyDeletePrayed specifically for you last night with the family...just so you know. I can't wait to hear you spill your guts...i think i understand what you mean. :) God is awesome!! love you!
ReplyDeleteAbby, it's cool to read your blog, I can feel the excitement you have for the people there and have for the teams helping you out. It's awesome to see that God is at work in Costa Rica.
ReplyDeleteAbby,
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for you and are thankful that you are learning more about your God and His love for you. Can't wait to see you and hear more in person!
Mrs. Houk