Just keep on keeping on.

So I decided to keep up with my blog. I'm not really sure where it will lead, what it will look like, or how long it will last. Oh, well. It doesn't really matter, does it?

Well, I've been home for 24 days. Crazy. How do I feel? Depressed. But that's another story, for another day, in a different setting.

It's not all bad being back though. I have loved seeing all my friends and family and catching up with everything that I missed in four months. Really, I missed a lot, and I'm not sure I'll ever really catch up with everything, but it's been nice trying :)

My Baylor roommates (some of them) came to visit me this past weekend! It was wonderful to see them.



I've been cooking a lot since I've been back. There were many times in Costa Rica Rachel and I would want to cook and we just couldn't. I think I have the baking bug. My two favorite things so far have been my apple and strawberry empanadas and this cream cheese and applesauce bread (recipe from Shaina).

Here is a picture of my empanadas:



A week after I got back my mom and I went to visit Denver Seminary. I'm thinking about going there to get my masters in counseling this fall. It's been a crazy ride these past couple of weeks. Sometimes I think the easier thing would have been to stay in Costa Rica for a little longer. Being back is hard.

One thing about being back is my creative mind has been going crazy! I have all these projects in mind, and I can't wait to get started on them. One is for my room, putting pictures up of the kids in CR, and the rest are redesigning old clothes that are just not cute anymore. Oh, and I found some really great material at this fabric store in Denver that was about $2 each. I'm trying to come up with ideas of what I want to make out of it... I think I'm going to try to come up with something on my own and see if I can create something from scratch. We'll see if it turns out.

On another note, I start work next week! I'm nannying for a doctor my dad knows and she has two girls ages 6 and 9. It's going to be fun. And involve a lot of pool time and crafts, which are two things I very much enjoy doing, so I'm happy :) But I think the summer is going to fly...

I'll post pictures of my projects once they get up and running, which should be in the next few days. Hopefully they all turn out. If they don't... you won't be seeing pictures.

Well, that's all folks.

Comments

  1. Strawberry empanadas sounds so good right now. That sounds so different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are! Wish you could have been here to have some. I made some when the Sims came over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm excited about more blogging. =) And glad you got to see some 2417 girls. Miss you tons. Oh, and nannying- what fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts