Diane von Furstenberg surprise.

Well, I had some more creative fun this week.

Let me back up a little bit. For several weeks now, my mom has been telling me about this dress that was my grandma's. It's been in my mom's closet for forever and we just keep forgetting about it. Well, today she put it on the stairs for me to see when I got home from work. I immediately ran to the stairs when she told me (yes, I totally did), and I was floored by how much I liked it. I think my grandma got it when she was in Paris, maybe? It doesn't really matter, I think it's beautiful. It's black, which happens to be my favorite color to wear, and it's linen :) The designer was Diane von Furstenberg. Mean anything to anyone? It didn't to me but it sure does now.

The tag:



Anyway, it was a size 14 (wow) so we had to make a few adjustments. I actually had a hard time cutting that beautiful dress because I know what it must have cost my granddad! But I had to do it because no one would ever wear it if I didn't.

Here's what it looked like before I did anything:



Pretty cute, right? It actually didn't need too many adjustments. Maybe sizes were a little different back then? I sure hope so...

Anyway, I had mom do the sewing because I was so scared I would mess it up, haha. I told her what I wanted, she measured me and began the process of making it fit. No turning back.

And this is how it turned out:



Like my hands? :) Haha.

Here's some of the detail work:



So this is my new favorite dress. And it's 50 years old? 60? Yeah. I can't wait to wear it. Oh, and it has pockets. No way!

Ok, that's all for this week. Stay tuned :)

Comments

  1. hm, I wish I were as creative as you! :) I love it! well done! and well done with the other shirt...they both look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love it!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creativity and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning. I love you in it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts