Memorabilia.

My granddad turns 90 years old in September. Grandma isn't far behind him at 89 years.

I was organizing one of their closets the other day and came across a box that never got unpacked from their move a couple of years ago. I looked through the contents of the box and found letters. Sigh. I love letters. I've kept every single letter I've ever gotten. (Thank you to those people who still send me letters!) Anyway, I immediately took the box to the guest room, made myself comfortable and started looking through them. It was one of those great moments in time - I even had Sufjan Stevens playing in the background :)

The contents of the shoe box was all the letters my granddad received during WWII.

I felt a little insignificant at that moment. The box was labeled "letters from WWII". Simply put. My granddad wanted to remember that time in his life.

It was a humbling experience. And it made me long for heaven. I can't really explain it, but I just had one of those overwhelming moments of longing to be with the Creator of all things.

A lot of history has come before me and a lot of history will come after me, but Jesus remains the same yesterday, today and forever.





Comments

  1. this is even cooler than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Abby, so neat. As you well know, I love letters, too. Speaking of which, I owe you one pretty soon. Have to finish unpacking from my move, but I'll write soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts