How old are you?

Tomorrow is my Granddad's 90th birthday.

We had my grandparents over for a birthday dinner tonight to celebrate, complete with a coconut cream pie (one of Granddad's favorites). After dinner, my mom asked my granddad if he had a favorite memory of a birthday. You know what his response was? "Well, I can't really seem to remember... I've had a lot of birthdays!"

He's had 90 birthdays. Can you even imagine?

To live to be 90 years old and still be healthy enough to drive to your daughters house, have dinner and drive home in the dark, in my opinion, is amazing.

Somewhere in the conversation, my grandma said something about having lived a good life, traveled a lot, and enjoyed the life she had lived. I then asked them how long they had been married and without a pause they both responded, "61 years!".

Wow.

I'm so blessed to have them 5 minutes down the road. I don't take advantage of that nearly enough.

But, for now, I'll be incredibly thankful that I have amazing grandparents that have made it to the incredible age of 90 years old.

Comments

Popular Posts